• Fri. May 24th, 2024

15-YEAR-OLD STUDENT BEHEADED,33-YEAR-OLD MAN ELECTROCUTED

Mar 27, 2020
LATE MARVELLOUS

A 15-year-old SS2 student of Owa-Alero Commercial Secondary School, Marvelous Irunkwor was on Monday, March 16, 2020 beheaded by his cousin, Wilifred Chukwuchere.

The sad incident took place at Idumuebor Quarters of Owa-Alero, in Ika North East Local Government Area.

Ika Weekly gathered that late Marvelous Irunkwor visited the home of Chukwuchere after school hours to have rest and in the process slept off.

WE DO NOT WANT HERDSMEN AGAIN ON OUR FARMLANDS -Oba residents

Chukwuchere who was said to have returned from South Africa with mental disorder attacked Marvelous Irunkwor while he was sleeping with a cutlass which people from his neighbourhood said he had been sharpening for past four days, and beheaded him.

Meanwhile, Chukwuchere was pounced upon by an angry mob that descended on him and he could not survive the beating but gave up the ghost while on their way to the hospital for medical attention.

33-YEAR-OLD MAN ELECTROCUTED TO DEATH

The family of Raphael Eruogi of Ekuoma Quarters of Abavo, Ika South Local Government Area was thrown into mourning on March 14, 2020 following the electrocution of their 33-year-old son, Stanley Raphael while roofing a storey building along Onyeibe Street, Boji-Boji Owa.

Ika Weekly gathered that Stanley Raphael, an aluminum technician was electrocuted when a cut out of the Aluminum sheet touched light tension wires.

Meanwhile, the remains of the deceased were on Wednesday, March 18, 2020 laid to rest at his hometown, Abavo.

FB_IMG_15845023285895192 15-YEAR-OLD STUDENT BEHEADED,33-YEAR-OLD MAN ELECTROCUTED
LATE STANLEY RAPHAEL

In a phone call interview, the Chairman, Aluminum Association of Nigeria, Ika Chapter, Hon. Bright Ogbeje frowned over the circumstance surrounding the death of their member, Stanley.  According to him, “Severally, I have warned members against the dangers of working on a roof of building close to electric wires. And, for them to save themselves from electrocution that they should contact the staff of Power Holding Company to help switch-off power before commencing work and after work notify them to switch on power.”

BY PATRICK GBUCHANYE

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *