Agbor -USA Inc 4th Biennial Convention was held in Houston, Texas from 20th to 22nd of September, 2019. A colorful welcome party was held on Friday night with all sorts of fun fair. On the Saturday morning activity, , the President of Agbor-USA , Patrick Ogbomoh, presided.
The event was graced by dignitaries from all over the world amongst who were: His Royal Majesty, Dr. Benjamin Ikenchukwu Keagborekuzi 1, the Dein of Agbor Kingdom, Hon. Festus Okoh, member Delta State House of Assembly, the Delta State Governor’s representative, Mr. Peter Idion.
The keynote speaker, Mr. Paul Eluhaiwe talked about uniting and repositioning Agbor communities for socio-economic development and investment. Other speakers talked about investment opportunities as well as Security Issues in Agbor kingdom. The event was moderated by Chief Edwin Kaliku, the Egbe of Agbor kingdom. His Majesty had an interactive question and answer session with the attendees.
The gala night was chaired by Prof. Sam Emwemeka while the chief launcher was Mr. Sunny Echiegile. The Royal Majesty was welcomed in a colorful Agbor tradition. The Congresswoman from Houston, Hon. Sheila Jackson presented a United States of America congressional award to the King while the Mayor of Houston also made a Proclamation to the King. Friends and family members of Agbor -USA were treated to various Agbor meals. The vote of thanks was done by the Vice President, Dr. Tony Isedeh.
A communiqué was issued and signed by the President of Agbor-USA, Sir Patrick Ogbomoh. Attached herewith is the Communiqué.
- Agbor National conference should be held in Agbor in 2020.
- All Agbor organizations in the world should attend or be represented.
- Efforts should be made to ensure that all prominent Agbor Sons and Daughters are in attendance.
- Agbor-USA should liaise with all parties and also ensure that the leadership of Agbor Community Union is fully involved in the planning and execution of this conference.
- The Majesty must be informed of all plans and activities.
- All Agbor people should rally round the King.
- Politicians must be accountable to the communities and Town Hall Meetings should be organized to enable the people to ask questions and have a better understanding of their representatives in government.
- In addition to the upgrading of the College of Education in Agbor to a University, a Federal University should be pursued.
- Resolution of disputes in our communities should be seriously addressed as we are stronger when we are united.
- The celebration of Osiezi festival should be pursued.
The Chairman of the Board of Directors, Engineer Peter Anumele announced that the 5th Biennial convention will be held in Atlanta Georgia in September 2021. The convention was concluded with a Board Meeting on Sunday the 22nd of September 2019.