Breaking News

EDIKE FIRE OUTBREAK: I LOST MILLIONS OF NAIRA – Mrs. Ngbidi

One of the victims of the Edike market fire outbreak, Mrs. Josephine Ngbidi has cried out over her loss, saying she lost millions of Naira due to the fire outbreak.

Mrs. Ngbidi in a chat with our correspondent disclosed that on that fateful day, she received a call around 6 am and was told her shop was on fire.

She added that when she got to her shop, she discovered that fire had gutted her shop with the goats in it, as she pointed out that, a day before the incident received a truckload of goats.

The-scene-of-the-incident-scaled EDIKE FIRE OUTBREAK: I LOST MILLIONS OF NAIRA - Mrs. Ngbidi
The scene of the fire out break

The businesswoman said eyewitnesses told her that the fire started around 4 am and that when a distress call was put across to Fire Service, but they did not respond, saying that they do not have vehicle.

According to her, all her life savings have been blown away and her source of livelihood is greatly affected as a result of the fire outbreak as she revealed that almost 20 goats were burnt to ashes.

SEE ALSO: EDIKE MARKET: COUNCIL DID NOT SPEND A DIME – Ika South Council Chairman

She appealed to well-meaning individuals, corporate bodies, and the government to come to her aide

Recall that in the early hours of the fateful day of Friday, 11 February 2022, Ika residents woke up with the sad news of fire outbreak at Edike Market.

According to sources, the fire started around 4 am. Although the source of the fire could not be ascertained at the time of filing this report, some sources claim it may be as a result of smokers throwing away butts of cigarettes that caused the fire.

Sources reveal that some traders who sleep in the Ministry of Agriculture facilities that are close to the market at night, saying that their activities may have led to the unfortunate incident.

The President General, Agbor Community Union, Mr. Larry Onyeche during his visit to the scene of the incident, sympathized with Mrs. Josephine Ngbidi and other traders affected by the incident as he condemned the callous and careless attitude of some persons.

Mr. Onyeche stated that it is obvious that the fire outbreak was as a result of carelessness by people staying around the vicinity.

By Nicholas Ebegboni

Check Also

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.