• Wed. Feb 21st, 2024

FAMILIES RENDERED HOMELESS AS ANOTHER FIRE OUTBREAK HITS BOJI-BOJI, OWA

Feb 5, 2024

FAMILIES RENDERED HOMELESS AS ANOTHER FIRE OUTBREAK HITS BOJI-BOJI, OWA

By Sunday Memeh

It was a pathetic situation to behold, as another fire outbreak, on Sunday, February, 4 2024, razed down a residential building with over seven shops in front of it.

The affected persons include; the landlady, Mrs. Nwafejoku Asana, a widow and native of Ute-Ogbeje Community in Ika North-East, Mr. Earnest Bakwuye, Palm-wine and Bush-meat seller, a native of Abavo Kingdom, Mr. Umeh China Michael, an indigene of Ezeagwu Local Government Area of Enugu State.

Others are; Mr. Ndubuisi Igwe, a native of Ebonyi State, Sophia Ezealuka, a Hairdresser and Mr. Precious Ogorchukwu, a Barber in one of the shops in front of the burnt building, located at No. 23, Ugbaja Street, Boji-Boji, Owa, Delta State.

Speaking with Ika Weekly Newspaper Reporter during his visit to the scene of the incident, Mrs. Asana said she and her children were at home on that Sunday evening at about 6:pm, when BEDC restored the light which they have not enjoyed for the past three months.

She noted that few minutes after the electricity was restored, she started hearing someone, shouting, shouting and screaming please help oh, there is fire in the house, fire oh, please help.

According to her, “Before I ran outside from my own apartment to see what was going on, the fire which started from one of the rooms of my tenant, had gone beyond our control.

“My greatest joy is that no soul was lost, despite the fact that we lost all our properties. I am a widow and the house is the only thing that my late husband left for me to take care of our children. Please I need help to enable me feed my children,” she said.

Mr. Earnest Bakwuye, the Palm-wine and Bush-meat seller, said he lost all the important things he uses for his business, that is Giant Generator Set, Deep Freezer and others.

The-Electricity-Transformer FAMILIES RENDERED HOMELESS AS ANOTHER FIRE OUTBREAK HITS BOJI-BOJI, OWA

He therefore appealed to the Government and well meaning Nigerians to come to his aid.

Also speaking, Mr. Umeh China Michael, said he lost goods worth over Nine Million Naira, (#9,000,000:00) to the fire outbreak.

He said he deals on in all kinds of Baking Materials, i.e Flour, Sugar, Groundnut Oil, Cake Designs and others. He passionately appealed to the Government for assistance.

He added that what pained him most is that it was not up to a week that he parked into the shop saying that he spent all the money he has to fill the shop with the aforementioned materials.

Mr. Ndubuisi Igwe, said that he and his family did not rescue any of their properties, including their clothes, except the one they are putting on.

He said he does Okada business to take care of his family saying that the worst part of it is that his wife gave birth to a new child just before this ugly incident took place. He begged for help.

The-Electricity-Transformer FAMILIES RENDERED HOMELESS AS ANOTHER FIRE OUTBREAK HITS BOJI-BOJI, OWA

Others who lost everything in their house and shop are; Onah Lucky, a Barber and Sophia Ezealuka. They saying appreciate the member representing Ika Federal Constituency, Rt. Hon. Victor Nwokolo, Hon. Barr. Marilyn Okowa Daramola, member representing Ika North-East Constituency at the Delta State House of Assembly and Hon. Chukwuyem Festus Okoh, Aka Chuky-Dandy, member representing Ika South Constituency at the Delta State House of Assembly, Asaba for commiserating with the Friday, February 2 2024. fire victims in Boji-Boji, Owa, calling on them to also extend same gestures to them.

Meanwhile, Ika Weekly Newspaper Reporter, as at the time of filing this report, said met a lot of sympathizers at the scene of the fire incident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *