Tragedy struck in Ileje quarters, Umunede in Ika North-East L.G.A of Delta State as one Mr Samuel Osamudiamen and his son were killed from inhaling fumes emitted by a generator, while his wife, Martha and three of their children were rushed to a nearby hospital by residents. The remaining two of the children were unharmed. The tragic incident occurred on Saturday night June 1, 2019.
Ika Weekly reporter gathered that the victims who reside in Idumu Uzugbo, Ileje quarters are indigenes of Edo State. When Ika Weekly reporter visited the victims at the hospital, Master Wisdom Osamudiamen said, “It was a home accident, we never knew such thing could happen. We were all watching television when suddenly my sister, Winner, Osamudiamen stood up and started vomiting. Seeing this, we started calling our parents. Before we knew what was happening, all of us started vomiting” see also:TRAGEDY: MAN DIES 3 DAYS AFTER WEDDING
The tragic incident has left the wife and their children in shock as the corpses of the man and his son have since been deposited in the mortuary.
When Ika Weekly reporter visited their residence in Umunede, neighbours were seen in mourning mood, refusing to speak to the press.